What is so special about Sicily and its possibilities for winter incentives? How can Mount Etna be part of such an incentive? We have interviewed several Sicily Convention Bureau’s partners about their ideas for “warm up your incentive at Mount Etna”. We are happy to present you the first partner: Castello di San Marco Charming Hotel & SPA in Calatabiano. Mr. Daniele Murabito, Director of the hotel, answered our three questions.
1. In your opinion, what are unbeatable reasons for European event planners to organize winter incentives in Sicily?
- The Mediterranean climate – over 200 sunny days per year
- International airport connection CTA Fontanarossa
- Multiple possibilities of activities
- Most interesting attractions within 15 miles
- Nature, adventure, history, Mediterranean excellent food
- Professional partners (DMC, Excursions Agency, Transportation)
2. “Warm up your incentive at Mount Etna”: how can Mount Etna be part of a creative incentive program?
In March 2015, a pharmaceutical international company (28 guests) spent four days at our hotel for an incentive trip. Mount Etna played a significant part of the programme: on day 2 the 28 guests went on a boat excursion to take a look at the volcano Etna from the sea. On day 3, they experienced a 4×4 excursion through Etna & Alcantara valley. They also enjoyed a Wine & Food tasting at Etna wineyard cellar, deep inside the nature. On the last day the group went on a Vintage Fiat 500 tour around Mount Etna and visited the medieval area and the lava stone church of Randazzo.
Worth mentioning: all activities were located within 15 miles (low transportation costs), the weather was perfect (March has an average temperature of 20 C° daytime, 12 C° night time) and the average room rate in march is very competitive.
3. What is your personal tip for a unique program element of a winter incentives in Sicily?
Mount Etna is the masterpiece of an incentive because all the excursions propose different ways to understand and enjoy it. Nature, adventure, culture and stunning views (from the sea, from the top of the Taormina hill, from the road around the volcano, from castello di calatabiano).
Your contact at tmf dialogue marketing:
Project Manager Content & PR
tel. +49 (0)931 9002 114