Here are 5 of the 10 best tips to produce your best work yet!
1. Create the path of least resistance: As humans, we always prefer the path of least resistance. So, you need to make sure that the task sitting in front of you is also the easiest. The author of the article, Jory Mckay, recommends turning off your phone and putting it out of reach as well as having only one browser tab open that is relevant to your work.
2. Save your brain power: Trade all open ended questions (What/When/Why/How) with If questions. Example: “What will I eat this morning?” turns into “If it is a weekday I will eat eggs.” This helps to reserve brain power for the important stuff.
3. Adopt the growth mindset: Keith Simonton, a Harvard-grad psychologist, says “The quality of great ideas is a positive function of quantity.” This means, we need to eliminate procrastination and really get to work. The best way to do this is to develop a growth mindset. This mindset states intelligence can be developed while the fixed mindset believes intelligence is static. Adopting this way of thinking helps push us to continue learning and improving ourselves and also helps us realize failure is not a permanent state.
4. Don’t be a perfectionist!: Thinking about completion of a project instead of its correctness, helps move you and your business forward.
5. Create the right work environment: Your workspace is a large part of your inspiration. Make sure the room has a good amount of natural sunlight and is not cluttered! It may also help to create a playlist to further stimulate your brain.