While visiting Convene and making appointments with key organizations in Vilnius in investment, research and…
K. Ambrozaitis, ELIT Events Baltic: “An effective instrument to attract intl. congresses is to make well known local scientists, entrepreneurs & artists into ambassadors of Vilnius”
Continuing our interview series, we discussed Vilnius and its future as an international congress destination with Kestutis Ambrozaitis, General Manager of ELIT Events Baltic.
1. What is special about ELIT Events Baltic – what is your strength when it comes to organizing a meeting or incentive?
Our slogan is “Details Matter”, no matter what kind of event: a conference, incentive, seminar, or team building. We work hard with our suppliers to make every event run smoothly. Our team is highly dedicated to achieve the best result for our customers – we want our delegates to experience an unforgettable event.
2. What are the greatest benefits of Vilnius as a city in the eyes of international planners? Give us 3 key reasons why YOU think it is worth it to come with a group.
- Vilnius is a multicultural city where Lithuanian, Polish, Russian and Jewish communities have lived together for ages. Evidence of this multicultural living can be seen in architecture, cultural activites and the restaurant scene. Another great facet of the city is modern living and economic development. Vilnius has become the biotechnology and IT service center for companies with Lithuanian branches. Some of the best known companies with branches in Vilnius are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Barclays Bank and Western Union.
- Vilnius is a green city – a rolling landscape, the Neris + Vilnia rivers, parks and a number of lakes in the suburbs. Varied incentive programs can be organized in the city centre or suburbs such as jeep safaris, swamp walks, boating, kayaking, and yacht trips. Trakai is another great mix of local history and exciting outdoor activities.
- Vilnius is compact. Most events can be organized within walking distance from the centre. Many well known international hotel chains are also located in the center, so organization is easy and comfortable.
3. What is your personal hotspot in the city? Where do you like to go on a weekend with your family to enjoy the local spirit?
My personal hostpot in Vilnius is the artsy Old Town district Uzupis. Here you can find the a great number of restaurants with local spirit and the Arts Academy where many artisits have their studios. It is located on the Vilnia riverbank and is a great place to walk and admire the city. A great event is the street food fiesta, organized every Friday during the summer months – a city style picknick where the best restaurants in Vilnius open outdoor shops for people to watch the preparation and enjoy great food. But these are not the only options, Vilnius is a diverse city where you can choose to dive into culture, experience nightlife, or just have a relaxing nature getaway.
4. Do you have any new ideas of how to market Vilnius in the international congress space?
We are confident that Vilnius is a great location for international events and we think that a marketing project by the Vilnius Convention Bureau (GO Vilnius) could bring even more events to our city.
One of the most effective instruments to attract international conferences and congresses is to make well known local scientists, entrepreneurs and artists into ambassadors of Vilnius. These individuals could then travel to and participate in various events in their respective branches and promote their native city to their international colleagues and partners. Another idea would be organizing more site inspection trips, which should be an easy task due to the large contact base resulting from the annual CONVENE event, which has taken place for more than 5 years.
Your contact in Vilnius:
Head of Vilnius Tourism and Convention Bureau
Go Vilnius | The official international economic
development agency of the City of Vilnius
tel. +370 5 212 1833
Your contact at tmf:
Project Manger Content & PR
+49 931 9002 114