You might know quite a bit about Košice, as the second largest city in the Slovak Republic gets increasingly known abroad. In 2013, it received the title “The European Capital of Culture 2013”, this year, it is the award “The European City of Sport 2016” which will even more increase Košice’s popularity.
In his LinkedIn pulse article, Juraj Toth, Aviation Marketing & Business Development Manager at Košice International Airport, gives “5 facts about Košice that may surprise you”.
1. Košice has the largest pedestrian promenade in Slovakia
2. Košice is host of the oldest marathon run in Europe
3. There are 21 UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES within 200 km from Košice
4. More than 10 000 people work in Košice work in the IT sector
5. Angelina Jolie´s origins are in Košice
Your contact at tmf dialogue marketing:
Project Manager Content & PR
tel. +49 (0)931 9002 114