6 August 2015
Slovenia has registered a significant growth in international congresses over the last years, stepping up the ladder as an important destination for international meetings, events and congresses, due to its great USPs.
Portorož & Piran, both situated on the coast side in Slovenia, will be hosts for a range of major congresses, booked as far as the year 2020. This is both a sign of recognition for Slovenia’s role in the international association meetings space, as well as for the meeting facilities featured in the coastal region.
Looking back at 2014, a good number of European association congresses took place in Portorož & Piran, the majority of the events being accommodated at the Bernardin Hotel & Convention Centre, that can welcome up to 1,100 delegates theatre-style in the largest auditorium. In addition, the Spa & Wellness hotels in the area have convention capacities for up to 500 delegates.
Some of the 2014 highlights:
- 31 August – 4 September 2014, MoDeSt 2014 of the Modification Degradation and Stabilisation Society, Portorož, 287 delegates
- 14 – 16 October 2014, European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production -ERSCP- 14-, Portorož, 328 delegates
- 18 – 20 September 2014, Central European Symposium on Pharmaceutical Technology -CESPT, Portorož, 350 delegates, Grand Hotel Bernardin. The meeting was held in Slovenia 2 times so far.
2015 shows a positive development as well, with some of the following selection of events:
- 3 – 7 May, Biennial Workshop of the European Microbeam Analysis Society, Portorož, 183 delegates
- 31 May – 4 June, Extended Semantic Web Conference 2015, Portorož
- 28 September – 2 October 2015, International Symposium on Environmental Biogeochemistry, Piran, 380 delegates, Grand Hotel Bernardin
The Bernardin Hotel & Convention Center will furthermore be host to several European association conferences in the future – the largest has already been scheduled for 2020: the 8th Congress of the European Mathematical Society, with an estimated attendance of more than 1,000 delegates.
In 2016, from 23 to 28 May, Portorož will welcome another large event with 1,000 delegates of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference.
Concluded over the last years, the majority of meetings taking place in Portorož & Piran can be categorised by the following disciplines: Education, Technology, Science and Medical Science, IT and Industry, Agribusiness and Linguistics.
The Portorož & Piran partners also focus on the international corporate and incentive markets and are reporting a positive outlook for business in 2015.
For more information please visit Slovenian Convention Bureau’s website: www.slovenia-convention.com
Your contact at tmf dialogue marketing:
Project Manager Content & PR
tel. +49 (0)931 9002 114