We are happy to present you another Slovenian partner of our project “Slovenian Energy – the secret for your meetings and incentives”: Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana. Here are the answers to our three questions, provided by Sanja Tešanović, Director of Congress & Events at Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana.
1. Tell us something we don’t know about Slovenia and that you think is of interest to international planners.
- Since the country is boutique the organization of all kind of events is very easy. The organizer usually needs 1 or 2 contact persons on site that coordinates everything (accommodation, transfer, outdoor activities…)
- Slovenia is very popular also for movie makers: Some scenes from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian was filmed in Slovenia’s Soca Valley.
- Postojna Cave is the most-visited cave in Europe. It has a network of 20 km of passages, galleries and chambers.
- The Lipizzaner horses are known as a worldwide tourist attraction due to their beautiful white colour, their almost incredible learning ability and their dancing skill!
2. Could you please describe Slovenia in five words?
Safe, Active, Green, Young, Boutique
3. What example in your specific MICE offer is adding a particularly energizing element to programs?
We were hosting the British-Slovenian Chamber of Commerce who organized Business event BIZZ OPPS and invited 25 British companies that are potential business partners of Slovenian entrepreneurs. The main aim of the event was to connect both sides in order to open the business channels for both countries. Slovenian companies had the opportunity for networking with British partners the whole 2 days during the business breakfast, networking lunches and gala dinner.
They were presenting Slovenia as a stable and economic developed country with large business potential. British guests were also impressed by the whole organization which was on the highest level. Our input of showing the guests how we are modern and green was special transfer to the venue with electric cars “Tesla”. Our common goal was reached as British guests left our country satisfied and full of new ideas how to do more business with Slovenia.
Your contact at tmf dialogue marketing:
Project Manager Content & PR
tel. +49 (0)931 9002 114