The “Slovenian Energy – the secret for your meetings and incentives” project brings forward a great story this week! Find out more about it from Jelena Petkovic, MICE director at iDMC.
1. Tell us something we don’t know about Slovenia and that you think is of interest to international planners.
Slovenians praise good food and great wine! Throughout the year you can find many festivals and feasts that celebrate all kind of foods. During your incentive travel you can visit:
– The Khaki Festival
– The Asparagus Festival
– The Plum Festival
– The Cherry Festival
– The Garlic Festival
– The Artichoke Festival
– The Olive oil and Fish Festival
– The Roasted Potatoes Festival
– The Chestnut Festival
– The Chocolate Festival
– The Calamari Festival
– The Old Vine Festival
– The Prosciutto and Teran Wine Festival
– The Rofosco Wine Festival
– The Mushrooms Festival
– The Orange Wine Festival
– The Malvazija Wine Festival
– The Beer and Flowers Festival
– The Burgers and Beer Festival
– The White Truffle Festival
– The Young Wine Festival
– The Rebula wine and Olive Oil Festival
– The Olive Oil, Wine and Fish Festival
And so many, many more …
2. Could you please describe Slovenia in five words?
Where unicorns come on vacation.
3. What example in your specific MICE offer is adding a particularly energizing element to programs?
Putting the client’s needs in the first place and creating an authentic experience is the bottom line of all iDMC events.
For a group of 600 participants iDMC created a truly unique incentive program, called My umbrella can turn into a balloon, that was inspired by the famous Slovenian fairy tale. Participants were offered a fresh and fun approach for discovering the most beautiful (and magic!) spots of Ljubljana. Divided in 30 groups, they were given different tasks to perform across Ljubljana, dining in one of the 11 city restaurants which cater for the event and at the end of their journey, they all gathered at the Ljubljana Castle where they made their wishes fly into the sky and continue with the entertaining program. A precious experience of pure magic!
Your contact at tmf dialogue marketing:
Project Manager Content & PR
tel. +49 (0)931 9002 114