We all strive for success – but we all know that sometimes this is not very easy! We’ve found on LinkedIn an article written by Zdravko Cvijetić, where he gives 13 tips on what has to be done to be more successful.
1. Give up the unhealthy lifestyle: There are only two things you need to keep in mind – a healthy diet and physical activity.
2. Give up the short-term mindset: Successful people set long-term goals, and they know that these aims are merely the result of short-term habits that they need to do every day.
3. Give up playing small: If you never try and take great opportunities, or allow your dreams to become realities, you will never realize your true potential. So voice your ideas, don’t be afraid to fail, and certainly don’t be afraid to succeed.
4. Give up your excuses: Be responsible for your life, not matter the starting point, weaknesses, and past failures. It is the only way that you can reach the success because excuses limit and prevent us from growing personally and professionally. Own your life; no one else will.
5. Give up the fixed mindset: In a fixed mindset, people believe that their intelligence or talent, are simply fixed traits and that talent alone creates success — without effort. They are wrong. You need to invest an immense amount of time on a daily basis to develop a growth mindset, acquire new knowledge, learn new skills and change your perception.
6. Give up believing In the “Magic Bullet”: Successful people know that making small continuous improvement every day, will be compounded over time, and give them desired results. That why you should plan for the future, but focus on the day that is ahead of you, and improve just 1%.
7. Give up your perfectionism: Nothing will ever be perfect, no matter how much we try.
Fear of failure (or even fear of success) often prevents us from taking action and putting our creation out there in the world. However, many opportunities will be lost if we wait for things to be right.
8. Give up multi-tasking: Choose one thing and then beat it into submission. No matter what, a business idea, a conversation, or a workout.
9. Give up your need to control everything: Detach from the things you cannot control, and focus on the ones you can, and know that sometimes, the only thing you will be able to monitor is your attitude towards something.
10. Give up saying YES to things that don’t support your goals: You have to say NO to tasks, activities, and demands from your friends, family and colleagues. On a short-term, you might sacrifice a bit of instant gratification, but when your goals come to fruition, it will be worth it.
11. Give up the toxic people: Spend time with people more advanced than you, no matter how challenging that might be, you will be more successful.
12. Give up your need to be liked: Continue being authentic, and know that growing number of “haters” means that you are doing important things.
13. Give up your dependency on the social media & television: You should minimize (or eliminate) your dependency on them. Moreover, direct that time towards things that can enrich your life.