Press Release for download
Qatar Tourism will attend IMEX Frankfurt to promote MICE+S offering
Qatar Tourism will attend IMEX Frankfurt 2022 from May 31 to June 2 in Frankfurt, Germany
- Target to reach Qatar National Vision 2030 on track as country showcases its world class MICE venues
- Qatar Tourism brings country partners to highlight extent of major business events being held between 2022-2024
Doha, Qatar: 25 May 2022: Qatar Tourism has confirmed its attendance at IMEX Frankfurt 2022, located at stand number E600 alongside a team of heavyweight country partners.
The destination is focused on reaching its ambitious goal for MICE — to contribute 23% to the overall tourism segment by 2030. Rapid hotel and venue expansion, coupled with a flexible handling of planned events are key factors in achieving this mission.
In addition to the existing 182 properties with 39,092 rooms currently available across the country, 100 new hotels are coming to market suitable for business travellers. These include the Pullman West Bay Doha, offering contemporary conference rooms and an expansive ballroom; Corinthia Doha, which will provide a banqueting space for up to 1,000 guests, and Swissôtel, incorporating 350 five-star hotel rooms and over 100 luxury residential suites, as well as retail and meeting spaces.
Change to sustainability is key for the hospitality industry. The leading international hotel certification Green Key is managed in Qatar by the Qatar Green Building Council and supported by Qatar Tourism. Already 21 hotels in Qatar have signed up to the program with 12 hotels Green Key accredited. A dedicated Eco-Events Award Programme pledges commitment to minimising waste and carbon footprints at events, digitizing assets and working towards greener practices.
Qatar’s MICE industry ethos combines its shared sustainability values, innovative new services and close-knit working network to meet the changing needs of the public and private sectors. Visitors to the stand can expect to collect guides and maps for the latest things to do and see.
Chief Operating Officer of Qatar Tourism, Berthold Trenkel, said:
“Our presence at this year’s IMEX Frankfurt is to highlight Qatar’s ability in hosting world-class events through our robust MICE infrastructure. We will showcase the extensive developments that are already well underway in country, and bring focus on our sustainability and “Qatar Clean” programmes, the latter of which enforces the highest standards in hygiene and cleanliness in 100% of Qatar Tourism-licensed hotels. We are proud to be home of Qatar Airways – the first airline to be awarded a 5-Star Covid-19 Airport Safety Rating by Skytrax, alongside Hamad International Airport (HIA), and we look forward to strengthening relationships with both new and existing industry leaders, business executives and invite them to experience a world beyond in Qatar.”
Partners present at IMEX include:
- Qatar Airways
- Discover Qatar
- Tawfeeq Holidays
- Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre
- JW Marriott Marquis City Centre Doha
- The Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
- Regis Doha
- The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa
- Hilton Salwa Beach Resort and Villas
Venues in Qatar include:
- Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) featuring a multi-purpose 4,000-seat conference hall; a 2,300-seat theatre; three auditoria; 40,000m2 of column-free exhibition space, including nine halls adaptable to provide seating for 10,000 delegates conference or banquet-style
- Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre (DECC) covers 29,000 square metres including five vast, pillar-free halls, capable of seating over 34,000 visitors at one time. Its facilities include a mobile modular wall system, high-tech meeting and conference rooms, an exquisite VIP hosting suite and a vast underground parking area
- National Museum of Qatar (220 seated auditorium)
- Museum of Islamic Art
- Katara Hall (3,275sqm amphitheatre)
- Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl Doha (381 rooms)
- The Ritz Carlton, Doha (374 rooms)
- Souq Al Wakra Hotel Qatar by Tivoli (101 rooms)
Qatar will host the following events between 2022 to 2024:
- Qatar Business & Luxury Travel Congress 2022
- 2022 AICR Congress (The International Association for Deputy Managers and Front Office Managers of Luxury Hotels)
- 2022 IFLA Interlending and Document Supply (ILDS) Conference
- 2022 Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (SCAI) Middle East
- 2022 Hosteling International Conference (HI)
- 2022 Precision Medicine and Functional Genomics Conference
- 2023 World Association for Sports Management (WASM)
- 2023 IFMSA General Assembly Meeting
- 2023 10th biennial conference of All Together Better Health (ATBH)
- 2024 Les Clefs d’Or International Congress (The Association for Luxury Hotel Concierges)
For media-related inquiries, please contact Qatar Tourism’s Press Office on:
+974 7774 7863 | email@example.com
Qatar is a peninsula surrounded by the Arabian Gulf in the heart of the Middle East, with 80% of the earth’s population within a six-hour flight. Ranked the safest country in the world in 2022 by Numbeo, Qatar welcomes all travellers, and guests from over 95 countries can enter visa-free. Qatar has an incredible variety of easily accessible tourist attractions, a plethora of fauna and flora including Whale Sharks and the majestic national animal the Arabian Oryx, and most experiences are a unique combination of cultural authenticity and modernity. From iconic museums to high-rise restaurants, from thrilling desert adventures to world-famous events including none other than the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, there is something for all types of travellers and budgets. Travellers set to transit through Qatar should turn one holiday into two with the world’s best value stopover packages, launched by Qatar Airways and Discover Qatar and supported by Qatar Tourism.
About Qatar Tourism:
Qatar Tourism is the official government body responsible for the development and promotion of tourism in Qatar, facilitating the sector’s exponential growth. Qatar is a destination where people of the world come together to experience unique offerings in arts, culture, sports, and adventure, catering to family and business visitors, rooted in Service Excellence. Qatar Tourism seeks to boost the entire tourism value chain, grow local and international visitor demand, attract inward investment, and drive a multiplier effect across the domestic economy. The Qatar Tourism Strategy 2030 sets an ambitious target to attract over six million international visitors a year by 2030, making Qatar the fastest growing destination in the Middle East.